Home / Breaking News / Inferno Razes Residential Building In Itu
Inferno Razes Residential Building In Itu

Inferno Razes Residential Building In Itu

Cremates Everything, As Father Of Five Cries Out For Help

By Saviour Ekpe

The family of Mr. Enefiok Archibong Eyo is in an unabated cry as all their property and that of their two tenants have been completely cremated and totally consumed by fire that erupted at the 1am on Friday November 25, 2022 in Ika Oku Iboku in Itu local government area of Akwa Ibom State.

Narrating their ordeals as at press time, Mrs. Ima Enefiok Archibong Eyo, the wife of the victim said everything including their brand new motorbike, the new dryer they bought for their daughter, forms, plates, clothes, educational certificates of children, eight goats, chickens etc. she noted that they are currently squatted in her husband’s brother’s house empty-handed, “everything I ever labored for has been destroyed by fire. This cloth I am wearing now is what I wore to the burial and I have no cloth, nothing. All property of my children and that of my two tenants are all washed away. I am calling on the government to come to our aid as we as left with nothing”.

The husband, Mr. Enefiok Archibong Eyo could not say anything but kept on repeating, “I need help, I need help, where will I go from here, how do I begin all over again?”

Speaking to newsmen, the Ika Village head of Oku Iboku in Itu local government area, Eteidung Bishop Obong Asuquo Bassey Edet Eton described the ugly incident as unfortunate, added that Mr. Enefiok Archibong Eyo is a hardworking person who survives by his farming and fishing activities, “The man is a very hard-working man. While we are battling with the ongoing problem in the village with Ikot Offiong village, which is a disturbing issue to us and now the house of Enefiok is raised down completely with everything in it. It is very pathetic and sad. He is now handicapped as all his property has been wiped off by the inferno”.

Also expressed shock over the incident, another community leader in the area, Chief Emmanuel James Ubon “We are saddened by the sad situation, It has not happened before to this extent where Fire began round the roof of the house and consume everything, Enefiok and his two tenants along their children narrowly escaped death”.

Speaking to Century Newsfront, a clergyman who hails from the area but resides in Uyo, Pastor Nelson Eton said that the happening is a shocker to everybody as it leaves the victims in a state of devastation, “this happening especially to a man who is struggling to survive is disheartening in the sense that to recover what is lost, will take the special grace of God. The trauma alone that they face in losing everything they ever labored for is much on them”. The man of God called on the Akwa Ibom State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), public-spirited individuals and multi-national corporations to come to the aid of the victims, “I want to use this medium to call on the State Emergency Management Agency, which is led by our Deputy Governor to come to the aid of these poor and helpless families to ameliorate their traumatic experience”.


Hits: 0

About newsfrontonline

Scroll To Top